Speaker overload (tweeter) protection using bulbs (repost)

Indeed.

As far as the speaker coil is concerned it might as well just be. And if you measure the signal with an analogue meter DC is what you'll see.

Agreed.

Of course you could argue about what practical DC is. Most will have some form of ripple etc.

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I`m getting a terrible sense of DejaVu about this thread

ROn

Reply to
Ron Johnson

Depends what you call saturate. It'll clip even if anti-saturation measures such as a Baker Clamp are used.

Yeah. Might conceivably be a bit asymettrical but probably not to a large degree.

Base charge storage. That's what the Baker Clamp stops.

Around twice.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Fuck off you bloated bag of gas.

Did you understand that?

Reply to
Meat Plow

My irony meter just vaporized.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I guess your a run of the mill solder jockey whom inhaled to many lead fumes as a boy That what your posts indicate

Living well is my best revenge against small minds like yours George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

IF bloated gas bag replies THEN goto Fuck off.

I'll give you one credit however, you rec.audio.tech/alt.audio.pro.live-sound fuckheads breath a little life into s.e.r.

....heh

Reply to
Meat Plow

wish we could say the same for the s.e.r merkins George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

Most I ever counted was a festival system, 72 Phase 400's in racks. Not mine of course, we had two systems, both together were less than half that.

I think we owned about 36, generally 6 on the bench, 6 as spares, 24 in actual use.

But they were cheaper, lighter, and sounded better than Crowns.

Reply to
liquidator

content

output

some

Yeah, it's been hashed a dozen times, clipping ain't DC, and people with high levels of knowledge don't say it is.

Just salesmen and and fader jocks. Not real engineers.

In practice, the severely clipped amp won't do a perfect square wave, it will sag. so the "virtual DC" argument falls flat on it's face...most supply rails do not have enough storage to sustain a full square wave...some of the real heavy old iron may.

But I don't talk about old amps to make a point, nobody uses them any more.

Reply to
liquidator

measures such

with

Arny and I agree?

Chicken Little was right...

I argue how close it is to virtual DC though.

I certainly don't feel it fits the definition.

Reply to
liquidator

Behringer

his

Hey, you and I still have our words...but wouldn't it be friggin' boring if everybody in th world agree on vanilla ice cream?

But different folks can find common ground. I got no quarrel with guys who prefer blondes for instance...leaves more redheads for me...

Reply to
liquidator

Used to be a stock scene in old Science fiction movies...all the meters go into overload...someone yells out "Turn back you fool!"

Then the Earth explodes/a dimensional gate opens/a guy is mutated into a nasty creature...(insert other options here).

Reply to
liquidator

All behringer product I have seen in "a long time" has been lead free/compliant with the new standards

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

YMMV.

Interesting page:

IOW, close to the energy content of DC, just with the polarity reversing from time to time.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

I'm sure he understood it but King George won't like it one bit. He's a wee bit temperamental, you know.

He also claims that MDF cabinets are crap despite buying them himself for his 'B rigs'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They should get engaged. ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It's been an interesting combination and as I've said, completely on topic for all. It's given me a chuckle too to see what the techs think of what Assilon calls 'fader jockeys'. And then there's Jamie. He's in his own league.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Do you fix your own gear Your Highness ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Crowns of that era always sounded gritty to me and had no better heatsinks either. Never bothered with them then or since. Well especially as I 'roll my own' these days !

Several UK companies like RSD/Studiomaster and Turner realised the heatsinking problem and dealt with it. We had a Turner in my rig for a while. Sounded fine too. It was driving mids (Philishave lookalikes - home made).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore