Speaker overload (tweeter) protection using bulbs (repost)

constantly

very

Answer the bloody question IDIOT !

What is a "saturated amplifier" ? You can't even use the right words.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

IGNORANT PRICK

Reply to
Eeyore

You should add yourself !

Reply to
Eeyore

Me neither. I wonder if that was part of the reason for the Flame Linear monicker, or was it just inadequate heatsinking ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Indeed. India Pale Ale. It was indeed exported from Britain to India in the days of the Raj and to be able to wiststand the long sea voyages had to contain a fair percentage of alcohol to prevent it going off. The length of journey also allowed it to mature nicely.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

see

years

of

talking

I think you could check "all of the above"

It was designed to be light and cheap...remember, it was a home stereo amp...it just found favor in pro use, it was never meant to be pro...

Reply to
liquidator

from...I

malaria.

the

contain

journey

Perhaps Jamie should go on a long journey...

Reply to
liquidator

Oh, that's so intellectual of you.

Is that the best you got ?

"

Reply to
Jamie

constantly

very

I proved my point..

You smuck. It's time to relinquish the community PC and let the next guest in that ward, have their turn.

You may want to look in the hall before sneaking back to your room. I'm sure they are looking for you.

"

Reply to
Jamie

I got to say Jamie compared to you Eyesore is a Rhodes scholar, I havn't seen anything but pure rubbish from you

and before you go off again like the noon bell at 11:17 there isno love lost between eyesore and myself George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

"George's Pro Sound Company" "Jamie"

** "Jamie" is actually one Maynard A. Philbrook.

Maynard is a another f****it radio ham, call sign: KA1LPA

Maynard makes his living as a code scribbler, he is no electronics tech.

Maynard is mentally defective as hell.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I remember know. You'd get a charge pump effect.

Still saw enough of them in amp racks. Usually with a pair of Boxer fans blowing on the heatsinks.

Studiomaster's original 800B was a modified, increased power and ruggedised version of the PL700 with the Boxer fans built in ! And before George jumps down my throat for copying it, it was well before my time there.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Good advice !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

constantly

very

You have proved NOTHING and STILL failed to answer the question posed of you several times now and not once addressed..

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thank you for the endorsement George. I recall we got on fine when I first joined this group. For fear of provoking any further discord I'll avoid mentioning the name of a certain person who helped upset that.

I was serious about you asking Jim Savery about the solder used by Behringer for N.A. destined products btw. If you're too busy, could you remind me of his contact details, email whatever and I'll enquire myself ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'm afraid you're the one displaying that ignorance. By assuming too many things.

Sigh. Find a basic DC coupled design and drive it *very* hard - we're talking severe overload here - and look at the output. It will approach the power rails.

Talk about a closed mind.

--
*Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

See! this is what happens when you crosspost - you get the idiots from other groups polluting all the groups.

Reply to
Ron Johnson

It'll be virtually a square wave with almost twice the sinewave power of the amp but not 'DC' though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Alternating DC ;)

Ron(UK) Please note smiley (those with SoH failure need not apply)

Reply to
Ron Johnson

That's what saturated output devices do.

Right, there will be a sort of sloppy square wave whose spectral content will depend on the waveform driving the amplifier.

The peak amplitude will be the rail voltages (which will have sagged if there is a significant load), minus the saturation voltage of the output devices. If you look closely, there may be some funny stuff where the output stages snap out of saturation.

This square wave will of course have more energy in it than a sine wave with a similar peak amplitude.

Reply to
Arny Krueger