Speaker overload (tweeter) protection using bulbs (repost)

According to the currently accepted rules of netquette, a post that is relevant to several groups SHOULD be cross-posted. Most certainly not multiposted.

Explain how it is off-charter in rec.audio.tech or sci.electronics.repair where a lot of audio is discussed daily. It was a repair question after all ! And technical.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Typical Jamie response.

Liquidator knows his stuff 99+ odd % of the time.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

He's a US (NY state AIUI) audio hire company operator.

Seen and heard of more Behringer gear die prematurely than any other brand that one ought presumably to be able to take seriously.

Ron (UK) tried 2 of their big amps. Both went U/S just outside warranty.

OTOH, the venue I help out still has 2 of my Studiomaster D series amps working day in, day out and both are 10+ yrs old. Only maintence needed, blowing out the heatsinks and replacing a couple of scratchy gain pots. And you can replace those pots in 15 mins compared to the over one HOUR it takes for a QSC RMX !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I've experienced their stuff fail on one of my clients. He will NOT buy Behringer any more. He has a BUSINESS to run that requires RELIABILITY.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In the early days of DC coupled outputs, some amps still had a degree of internal AC coupling or bypassing in the drive circuitry.

They could indeed 'drift' DC under prolonged overdrive.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

my opionons are formed by the gear I choose to own or not own, I IN FACT put my money where my mouth is I OWN a sr company with a 1/4 million dollars of inventory and events that have run into the 100,000 attendence range be at it over 20 years I feature mostly Meyer Sound Labs gear for the serious rig and behringer for the disposable low end crap George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

What is this "amplifier saturation" you talk of ? Please use accepted terminology.

This is my experience of Jamie too. He reckons he's some hot shot but constantly uses the wrong words to describe things for example. His knowledge is also very dated.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'd love to lnow if Behringer gear destined for the N.A. market still uses leaded solder. Could exaplin a LOT ! Any chance of asking Jim Savery. I've lost his contact details.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

LOL!

Reply to
Meat Plow

????????? George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

constantly

Graham, you play with toys.. you work with toys.. and as usual, all you have left is finger pointing because you've lost what ever you had. That is, if you had anything of value to start with other than what you find off the backs of others.

Your knowledge of electronics is most likely gained from destroying an untold amount of components and still to this day, you have to scratch that bold head of yours and wonder what you did with that last puff of smoke you allowed to escape.

You boast that your an elite in audio design, from what I've seen you point out. A mear amateur, expert you are not!.

Thank you and have a nice day, BSA..

"

Reply to
Jamie

It's not shocking that you would side with him. If I didn't know any better, the two of you must be collaborating.

It would explain a lot of things.

Graham, the hole your digging is getting bigger. Please watch your step, I wouldn't want to see any one get hurt now.

You are not an elite in audio design or any other for that fact, get over your self. I'm sure you're good for something and maybe one day you'll find it.

"

Reply to
Jamie

LOL, yes, I must say you're correct in this statement.. Because, if you are one that dictates current practices, I feel sorry for the rest that follows your guide lines! oh wait, that can never happen. You just simply spit out crap and never give any useful information that can be used in real life applications.

You just go on, boasting your fantasy story's..

is there anything you haven't done or don't know?

I know your an old fart and most likely starting to get senile.

"

Reply to
Jamie

starts

convinced

relevant

where

And

It's not against the law to fart in an elevator- just because you CAN do something is it a good idea?

% out of 5 of your last crossposts have started arguments.

It appears to matter not to you. one can only assume you enjoy the arguments.

Graham, you know I don't have anything against you. But what happens when there is a disagreement between people in two different groups is that persons friends join in, often they don't even understand the discussion, they are just PO'd somebody is dissing their friiend...such arguments can't be one by anybody, and anybody who posts more than 3 times to them has way too much time on their hands. But Usenet is full of people with too much time on their hands. And too little knowledge.

Reply to
liquidator

Thank you very much, and don't worry, my kill file is full of idiots like you.

P.S. No one person is over anyone else. Just remember, every one can be replaced with better than what you think you are.

"

Reply to
Jamie

Voltage and resistance practice too.As well as theory.

Since you insist on groaner puns....

Ghandi of cousre, was an Indian holy man. What is not know as much is he had to walk everywhere, consequently building up heavy callouses on his feet.

Due to poor diet, he suffered constant ill health and bad breath.

He was a super calloused fragile mystic vexed by halitosis.

I hope that settles the matter.

Reply to
liquidator

the

You are spot on with that condition...but I assumed that we would be talking about "current" amps.

I wouldn't be using any of those old amps on the job.

Reply to
liquidator

Curious- India Pale? No I'd be interested in where the term came from...I knew the gin and tonic came from having to drink quinine against malaria.

Reply to
liquidator

extra hops were added to the beer going from Great Britain to India as a preservative hence India Pale Ale, the pale ale bound for India

so a IPA is a hoppier Pale ale and a double IPA is Hoppier, Imperial Pales are also sometimes called double IPA's George

Reply to
George's Pro Sound Company

Ignorance is bliss and you are happy the way you are.

Simply, you are just plain wrong. You seem to be interested in making yourself look worse and worse, go on about it with somebody else please.

You've sufficiently proven it to me.

Clipping isn't DC, obvious you never studied engineering. Or physics. Or much else, it looks like.

Bye. No more time for you. Got real things to do.

Reply to
liquidator