speaker noise

I've posted this to other newsgroups but no one seems to have an answer. Hopefully someone here knows what's going on.

Hello, I've had a problem with my Creative Inspire speakers. They're

2400 I think. If I move the remote a litte bit or the wires for the power supply I get this (extremely) loud buzzing sound which had never really happened before except for an instant occasionally when I was plugging it in. This happens even if the volume is turned all the way down. The only way to stop it has been to leave the remote on the floor upside down. If it gets jarred even slightly it blasts its noise and I have to tap it again to get rid of it. One of the remote's wires connects to the sound card on my comp the other connects to the subwoofer. I can't disconnect the remote without disconnect the speakers from the card. Moving its wires around also seems to affect the sound on my left speaker if that helps. I've tried unplugging and plugging in all the connections again. Any solution? Thanks...
Reply to
Blah

Seems like a clear case of interference to me. For a cheap solution you could try wrapping your wires in tin foil in order to shield them.

Reply to
tharsch

I am a bit unclear about a fw things. Is your 'remote' connected by wires?!

Anyway I think that the wires are for want of a better word 'crap'.

Basically they are broken/partially broken leading to all sorts of electrical noise.

Anyway I think basically its down to a dodgy connection somewhere along the line/wire, the solution being new wires/finding the dodgy connection and fixing it.

Reply to
Albert Grennock

yeah the 'remote' which controls volume is connected as stated to the subwoofer and connects the speaker system to the sound card. I don't think its interference because the noise is extremely loud and happens only when the remote is moved or in a certain position. Other then that the speaker works okay. Is there a way to check for a broken line without stripping the wire?

Reply to
Blah

bad solder connection on the remote board ?

Reply to
bloggybob

Wow must be old then, wires and connections rusted up?

Yes, move the remote and listen for extremely loud noise from the speakers!!

Reply to
Albert Grennock

Sound like a good place to start, if that doesn't work the OP might try looking into the power caps in the power supply. Leaky caps can make for some mighty irritating noises.

Reply to
none