Sound card noise

Hi, when I record with windvr on my computer, picture is good, but I hear a grounding (buzzing problem) noise, the 3.5mm plug going in to the sound card is good, never had noise before, what could cause this?

Reply to
pertnoy

try to set the microphone level to zero or disable it

mr Nisse

pertnoy wrote:

Reply to
klasspappa[remove]

hear a

card

Reply to
pertnoy

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:33 -0500, "pertnoy" etched in cyberspace:

I had a problem like this a couple of days ago. The 3.5 mm plug had half pulled out of the socket.

X X X X X

Reply to
Octa Ex

That`s not it, could it be the powersupply, causing that ground buzz sound?

card

Reply to
pertnoy

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:29:23 -0500, "pertnoy" etched in cyberspace:

If the plug and leads are good all the way (no break in either lead): May be there there is an AC difference between the chassies. Somthing may be connecting to the neutral of the mains power, Or perhaps some other piece of equipment is pumping current through the earth wire. Do you have ELP? In any case you could try unplugging other powered items from the same mains circuit

Also check that the cord is no running past any electrically noisey items - eg fluorescent lights.

X X X X X

Reply to
Octa Ex