xbox 360 DVD drives

Is anyone familiar with these drives ? I replaced one with exactly the same drive but now the machine won't work. I have a feeling these drives are somehow "locked" to the motherboard. Does anyone know the exact procedure to solve any software issues associated with DVD drive replacement ?

Reply to
moonlite

Have you googled first?

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

I have read somewhere these drives use proprietary firmware because the data is read in reverse off of the DVD's. XBox 360 games are burned in reverse for anti-piracy, the drive reads the data from the outer edge of the disc, in towards the inner hub. I have no idea how to resolve this issue short of taking a scrap drive from another XBox

360.
Reply to
Greg