Sony WEGA TV problem

I can't get rid of the on-screen AV channel indicator (top left of screen). I've tried the button with the cross inside a square, but this only cycles through the screen size options (widescreen, 4:3, etc). I've tried the button with the right-pointing arrow into a square, but this cycles through some other screen options. The set is only used on AV mode as I only have Sky. Anyone got ideas as to how to get rid of this indicator. TIA Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

"swarfmaker" wrote in news:44fc6ada$0$639$ snipped-for-privacy@news.aaisp.net.uk:

Do you have a button on the remote called "display"? Try pressing it, that has done it in the past.

--
~Ohmster
Reply to

OK, I've got it now. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the graphics on the buttons.

Reply to
swarfmaker

Obviously you need a remote for the remote.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

But then what would the graphics on those buttons be like?????????

Reply to
swarfmaker