Akai CT2016 Remote

Hello, I recently bought an AKAI model CT2016 20" television. It was cheap because it was the display model and came without a remote. I have tried numerous "universal" remotes and none of them work with the TV. Is there any place where I can get the original AKAI remote that ships with this TV? I cannot find any information on this particular model anywhere.

Thanks, Zach, NTS

Reply to
Zach Zaborny

You have to contact the AKAI service rep, and order the original remote. You will find that in the end, you did not get a good deal, because the remote is expensive.

Universal remotes do not work with all models of TV set. They also generally do not have full access to the features in the set when they do work.

Never buy any TV or appliance with a part missing. Replacement parts are generally expensive. For many of the lower end models, there are generally no replacement parts available, because most manufactures use a full exchange policy. After warranty, most devices, are considered disposable.

--
JANA
_____