Sony LCD TV Model KDL-32XBR4 with Colored Vertical Lines Across Screen

Hi,

I am a TV service technician working on a Sony LCD TV model KDL-32XBR4 with colored vertical lines across the screen. I have worked on many CRT TVs, but not many LCD TVs yet.

I don't have the SM for this TV. A web search was not very productive on the cause of this problem.

Has anyone repaired a problem like this?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Reply to
jaugustine

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:04:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to Google, your set has a WAX3 chassis.

Here are several Google hits for service manuals for sets incorporating the WAX3 chassis:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Two possible causes

T-con (usually behind a shield at the top of the LCD panel. The cable from the main board connects to it.

Bad LCD panel.

The service manual is available at

PlainBill

Reply to