What Causes These Lines on My TV?

I have a 4 year old Sony CRT TV. Recently it began having lines across the top of the screen when first turned on. At first the lines would go away after an extended warmup -- they've quit going away. For about the last 20 years I've quit getting TVs repaired. It usually costs about half or more as much as a new TV and after it's fixed you have an old TV. But, the set still has a good picture, so after only four years, if this is an easy thing to fix I figured I might give it a try. So, will this probably be an easy (read cheap) fix?

Here are pictures that illustrate the problem:

jim evans

you have some bad capacitors arround the vertical IC not an expensive fix

Reply to
nipperchipper

Reply to
jim evans

Don't continue to play the TV this way. It could damage the picture tube, and the vertical output IC is running way too hot.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Most likely bad electrolytics. Test them with an esr meter and replace as needed.......Paul

Reply to
catguy