SONY GV-S50 A/V Connector ID Plug 12-Pin Walkman Video8 8mm VCR Player LCD

I'm looking for an identification for the plug that was intended to connect to the A/V OUT connector shown in this auction on the right side of the Sony GV-S50 combo VCR/LCD monitor.

A manufacturer's name for the connector, or the SONY cable part number would be gratefully appreciated for my quest.

Item number: 300506088198

There is a fairly clear view of the connector, showing the 12-pin connector, which has 8 pins in the bottom row, with 4 widely separated holes in the top row (2 on each side). The hole in the case beside the connector (r side) is not significant, as it was for securing a rubbery dust flap/cover over the connector when not in use.

The size of the A/V OUT connector is about the same size as a HDMI connector, or similar to a USB connector, but a little wider.

The diameter of the plug/connector pins would be approx 24 wire gage.

Center step-feature/notch between the top 4 holes is for latching the plug when connected.

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Did you ever find out about this a/v out wire... I'm looking for the same thing.

Thanks

n8lewinski

Hi, I didn't find out what type of connector mates with the jack or the signal lines pinout.

Someone who has worked on that specific area of the circuitry may know, otherwise the info may be included in a Sony service manual.

The connector seems to be one of those which never got used in any other popular devices, so it may be difficult to find. I still encounter high quality connectors from Taiwan, Korea or Japan that aren't commonly available worldwide. Hirose is only one vendor of quality equipment connectors used by Sony, but there are probably at least a couple others.

Wild_Bill

I forgot to mench, but I thought that S-video signals might be present at the odd connector, but I never got around to checking out the pin voltages/signals.

These are still great little VCRs but I acquired other Sony gear with S-video and digital in/out connectors.

Wild_Bill

Wild Bill - I would like to find this cable also, so please post if you find one. The user manual for the GV-S50 says this port is "for future use."

Reply to
santaclausnorth90