Battery Sizes - CR2354

Normally, the number CR2354 specifies a battery completely. The CR refers to the chemistry and the 2354 defines the size. But there are multiple case shapes in this particular size.

What's up with that?

One of these will fit and the other won't. What's the point of having sizes, if the battery number doesn't define the size fully?

Reply to
Ricky

Really? the second pic has no detail. 2354 = 23mm dia and 5.4mm thick where's the problem here ?

Reply to
TTman

Cheap. Ebay.

Did I mention cheap?

tirsdag den 18. oktober 2022 kl. 16.33.24 UTC+2 skrev Ricky:

won't fit, or you think it won't fit based won't he pictures?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They don't often show the profile very clearly. But one cell has a tall lip, while the other has a short lip. Depending on your device, one won't fit. Why are they made with the same number???

Ricky

The ones I bought on Amazon have the tall lip which will not fit in the device. I bought one in a store in Lynchburg that fits, but that's a long drive from here... lol

I'm puzzled why this issue exists in this one CR battery size? All the other sizes have the tall lip exclusively that I've seen.

Reply to
Ricky

So, it's different shape, same size. Perhaps change in prototype? Go with newer version.

Reply to
Ed Lee

???

I have to use the one that fits. The problem is, the vendors don't distinguish them and seldom show a profile picture, so it's virtually impossible to know what you are buying, even in the stores where the blister pack keeps you from seeing the profile clearly. "newer version"?

I bought a CR2032 for a garage door opener recently and found the blister pack is more like a plastic enclosure around the battery. There's no way to tear the plastic open. I had to find scissors.

Reply to
Ricky

all plastic of with a cardboard backing, Usually a card board backing scored behind each battery, you just push them through the card board

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Label the picture CR2354A and CR2354B. Message the seller before buying. If people do it often enough, then they might show it clearly.

Open it at the checkout counter. Tell them you need to buy the correct version.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Sure, or you tear the card stock off the back. These were encapsulated in the plastic. I couldn't see very well when I was doing this in dim light. I thought they had glued the batteries to the plastic, or maybe the package was formed around them when the plastic was molded. Then I finally caught a glimpse of the plastic bending all the way around the battery. It was also shaped oddly, which would be hard to explain, but that made it appear to be loose around the edges and only attached at the top of the battery. I had to rummage around for scissors, as I was not in my place.

Why is scissors plural? Why are pants plural? Does anyone wear a pant? This must come from something having to do with how they are made, to pant legs making pants or something. Scissors is probably like that to, since you need two edges to shear one against the other.

Reply to
Ricky

pants used to be two separate legs so you needed a pair of them, in Danish you can use the words for pants in singular

The Danish dictionary claims that the Danish word for scissors (that is now only used in singular) came from the name of single edged sword

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The lip-equipped one is an old (Renata? Varta ?)design; later ones were made in the far east, in thick-coin fashion, (Panasonic) or that was the case for CR2450 (not sure what 2345 means). Many early instruments had sockets that were form-fit for the old two-diameters construction. I had a Starrett micrometer like that...

Reply to
whit3rd