Sony CD Walkman problem

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

Reply to
tnom

Its laser has given up the ghost.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

You might have a heck of a time finding one. Portable CD players have virtually disappeared.

It could be a weak laser. It also might be dirty optics.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Could a out of alignment laser cause this? This happened gradually.

Reply to
tnom

  1. Clean the lens.

  1. If this doesn't fix the problem, give up trying.

  2. Really.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

One last thing to try before totally giving up. Check that the turntable hasn't moved down the motor shaft, preventing the disc from being able to turn. Common problem on many makes and models. Otherwise, as others have said, probably the laser at the end of its useful life.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily