sealing vernish in multimedia devices

Hi all, I'm hopefully trying to fix an old CD player always showing "NO DISC" even while a valid disc, well playing in other players is inserted. I took out the turntable/optical pick-up set out. I would like to check inside the pick-up but its cover is sealed with a red hard varnish on the hooks. I would like to know what is the name of this varnish/glue and whether there's a solvent to gently remove it.

Reply to
heavytull

Hello

One universal solvent will remove it. The name of this product it is: Locking agent

Regards

"heavytull" escribió en el mensaje news:jm21md$u2j$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org...

Quim

Are you sure? I though the locking agent was a blue tack applied on screws.

Reply to
heavytull

Excuses, I read fast and thought you meant the screws.

If it help you, I have four types of solvent, universal, acetone, chlorined rubber, epoxi, and tests with witch goes better. Some of these softens the plastic, but have any type of resin wich resists.

Why you want open it?

"heavytull" escribió en el mensaje news:jn1bbj$4lm$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org...

Quim

I'm not so sure I will open it, but the player displays NO DISC while there's a clean audio CD inserted. I have not yet checked carefully connections because they look fine. I'll try to do that.

Reply to
heavytull

Usually oly clean the lens, and if not work, change the all optical group if the problem it is in the pick-up.

I have ever heard blowing air pressure inside, and also washes with water all the pick up, but these techiques I not have tested yet. Maybe not ever work again.

Regards

"heavytull" escribió en el mensaje news:jn65h1$n7t$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org...

Quim