Soldering eyeglass Frames

Round lenses rotated as needed. Clamp them into a machine and let 'er rip. Cut to the frame size.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You suggested taking imported glasses back to the person who wrote the prescription. In many cases, that person also sells glasses, so essentially, you're doing this:

- Buy $200 lawn mower from Wal Mart

- When it has problems, take it to a locally owned specialty shop and ask them to "check it" for free.

You never actually said "free", but if the optometrist said he charged $35 to check them, you might balk.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You are right. For $35.00 USD you can probably buy a device, from china, to check 'em. Then, for the rest of your life, you can check any of yours, friends or family ... :-)

Regards, JS

Reply to
John Smith

Well you paid your optometrist to check your eyes. My optometrist doesn't sell glasses so I don't see why it would be an issue. They have all of the equipment to check the lenses as well. There is a shop next door that they refer business to, but you don't have to get it made by them.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Yes, optometrists are professionally bound to check your fit. They are not in the business of selling eyeglasses or profiting from their sale. Kind of like how medical doctors don't sell drugs or care where you get your prescription filled. Think about why it has to be that way, ethically and professionally.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

True, but I get my eyes checked by an opthalmologist for a number of reasons. She (and her office) aren't that easy to access.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom