simpson 260 calibration manual or instructions

Can anyone please provide me with a simpson 260-7 or 260-8 calibration manual or detailed instructions how to calibrate a simpson 260-7 or 260-8 ?

Thanks

Reply to
jane Doe

Hi There Jane Doe, Downloadable full manuals for most every Simpson meter can be found here>

Best Luck, Anthony, WB8MLA

Reply to
Casual Fool

Unfortunately these site DO NOT have "calibration" information.

Reply to
jane Doe

Specifically for which instrument are you looking for calibration data?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

DaveM

I'm looking for the calibration instructions fora simpson 260 series 7 and/or 8. I have both series but no calibrate instructions for either.

If you have either or both, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Jane.

in the

Reply to
jane Doe

Reply to
beenie

Did you ever get a copy of the Calibration manual for your Simpson? I am looking for one also, for a Simpson 260-7P. Thanks Gene

Reply to
beenie

Take a look at the maual for the 8P. These meters are calibrated by replacing bad resistors.or other defective components.

Michael A. Terrell

You can find the cal procedures for a number of analog VOMs on the US Army Electronic Tech Manual web site. Go to the download site at

and get the cal procedures for the entire line of Simpson 260 series as well as many others, including Tripplett. On the search page, enter the following text in the Pub Title Text box: CALIBRATION PROCEDURE FOR ANALOG MULTIMETERS

TB 9-6625-2352-35 will get you the cal procedures for the early model Simpsons, up to Series 5. TB 9-6625-2354-35 will get you cal procedures for the later series Simpsons, series 6 and up.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

DaveM

Thanks for the info Dave, I went to the Army site and tried to get the pubs you listed but I don't have an account with this site and it won't let me have access to the info. I thought at first it was it was a problem with using Firefox browser, but I tried with Explorer also with same results.

If you have access without an account then I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks again Gene

Reply to
beenie

You don't need an account. Here's the procedure... Go to the web site that I posted

Hmmm Looks like they have changed the web site in the past couple days.. Oh well, here's the path... Accept the certificates and click [ENTER] on the first page Click the [Publications and Forms] button Click [Electronic Technical Manuals Online] Click [Goto Electronic Technical Manuals Online] On the page that says Electronic Technical Manuals Authorized Access Only, click [I Accept] On the next page (you're finally at the Electronic Technical Manuals Online page), click [Enter The Site] This is the search form. Enter the search text and the manual links will be returned for you to download.

BTW, when you post a reply, you should always include the text of the previous post to maintain continuity. If anyone else were to read your post, they wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about. And there's probably lots of people who could have helped besides me.

Cheers!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

DaveM

click

the

Yes! That did the trick! Thanks for your help. As you can tell I'm not a regular forums user, will try to get it right. Thanks again Gene

Reply to
beenie

You're very welcome, Gene.