Silicon Cleaning

Is their any quick, easy, and safe way of cleaning silicon off of a PCB? What about a cotton shirt? Their was this part (diode, capacitor, I don't know what!) that exploded in a quick, big blast of silicon. This was from the controller board (B3R01S09) from a DVD drive. I'm trying to not removed the silk screen or anything, but possibly replace this part. It appears to be number 6502, whatever part that is.

thanks, poly-p man

Reply to
Poly-poly man

Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Thanks.

How do I find the capacitor's rating and replace it?

poly-p man

Reply to
Poly-poly man