Sharp 27NS50 Color Problem

Sharp 27NS50 27" TV 4 years old The cable connector had been previously come loose inside and I glued it and it worked for a long time. Recently while moving it the glued connector came loose again. I opened it up and glued it back again. At this time it had a perfect picture. After putting it back together, now it has a strong yellow tint to the screen no matter if it is from cable, front rca or back rca jacks. It even has a yellow tint to the screen with nothing hooked up. Should I try working on the jack again or is there another problem? Any help appreciated.

Reply to
N8

You may have bumped a cable or switch that is on the CRT board ( The small

4x4 inch board mounted to the neck of the picture tube.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

You should get the set properly serviced. There are many things that can cause your problem. Gluing connectors is not the way to go. The proper approach is to replace defective parts, or have them properly serviced!

--

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

The actual connection wasn't glued. I should've specified more clearly.The mount was loose.. I've since ruled that out as the problem as it gives me the yellow screen from RCA jacks and even with nothing hooked up at all. I've checked and rechecked all the connections inside, but no go. Everything works fine it just has a intense yellow tint.

and

Reply to
N8

You may have bumped one of the large transistors on the CRT drive board and lifted a solder pad.

If your picture is Yellow......then you have good Red & Green drive......your missing your Blue drive.

========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics