Search for a Number in the Schematic of a .PDF file

Hi,

Some of my SMs are .PDF files. Using Adobe V8, when I "Search" for "130" (eg. of a regulated B+ voltage), Adobe will not find it if it is in the schematic or block diagram.

Does anyone know of a "tool" that can find numbers in a schematic in a .PDF file?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

With some work, you could manually overlay the image with text labels.

OCR software, but it's not an optimal solution.

Reply to
Randy Day

Search"

t is

If your "Adobe V8" is the full Adobe Acrobat Pro, then you're home free: Go to DOCUMENT>OCR TEXT RECOGNITION and follow the prompts. It will find everything that looks remotely like a number or letter. Be sure to save the "recognized" version of the document.

If the "OCR..." button is grayed out...then your document is probably encrypted. Fix that then try again.

If your "Adobe V8" is the reader, then you're out of luck. Find a

*.pdf handler capable of doing what Acrobat Pro does...or buy the original (price is preposterous, BTW).
Reply to
webpa