Newport MM 1000 dc Motion controller drive Problems

One day, during I was operating the Newport MM 1000 dc Motion controller drive with delay stepper line, strange characters (????) appeared on the front panel. Then when I turned off and on again, many kind of messages were shown. "??????", "Check 5V", etc. Or it stopped while it was initializing parameters. When I asked the Newport, it is too old model so they cannot solve it. But they suspected internal power supply problem or PCB problem. What would be problem? How would I fix it? Please help me. (I have replced 4 amp-250V Slo Blo fuse on it, but there was still the problem.)

Reply to
loveh2n

One day, when I was operating the Newport MM 1000 dc Motion controller drive with delay stepper line, strange characters (????) appeared on the front panel. Then when I turned off and on again, many kind of messages were shown. "??????", "Check 5V", etc. Or it stopped while it was initializing parameters. When I asked the Newport, it is too old model so they cannot solve it. But they suspected internal power supply problem or PCB problem. What would be problem? How would I fix it? Please help me. (I have replced 4 amp-250V Slo Blo fuse on it, but there was still the problem.)

Reply to
loveh2n

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:39:56 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@daum.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you don't understand how to "Check 5V", then you will not be able to repair this yourself.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar