RCA CTC 203 27" T.V.!

Sound ok, no high voltage/raster. Repaired horizontal drive coil, now T.V. is on channel three, but change channel, the number changes, but unit stays tuned to channel 3. In the menu, I can't find anywhere to auto search for channels. I have two more CTC

203's repaired next to this one, & search is in the menu. Did the EEPROM get corrupted, by the bad drive connection? Or is the Gemstar bad? Rono.
Reply to
Rono

Rono: simple enough..... completely DISCONNECT the Gemstar so you do not get confused by which device is showing channel numbers then you can determine if the television can receive off-air or cable channels with it's own tuner...... and the channel numbers you see will definitely be the television's.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rono"  wrote in message
snipped:
> Or is theGemstar bad? Rono.

Reply to
sofie

Whoa whoa whoa.

There are two types of gemstar modules; one ribbon (Gemstar3) and two ribbons (Gemstar4).

Ok, The 203 chassis that is equipped with gemstar3 you can unplug and operate chassis without gemstar3 because chassis has own micro on the chassis itself. The other chassis that uses gemstar4, cannot do this since the gemstar4 IS the MICRO!

There are several chassis that has no gemstar3 module installed, and some that does have gemstar3 and if module is malfunctioning, you can unplug it permenantly.

By the way, remember was asking about info and doing a CTC203 chassis conversion from 27" to 19" is a SUCCESS! By the way, installed the beam-sense power supply regulation feedback that some of commerical ctc203 came with. That is MUCH better picture stability than normal

19" used to be but I still wish there is room for improvements on that picture blooming that plagues many TVs.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.