Sanyo DS27580 horizontal line

I have a Sanyo 27" TV Model DS27580.

I made a small spark sound and the picture went to a bright horizontal line in the middle of the screen. Everything else appears to work.

It has been a good tv and I am sad that it stopped working so suddenly.

Suggestions?

Reply to
JB

Okay, I'll bite. LA7841, R483, D481 and all the electrolytics around the IC. If those mean nothing to you, then have it checked for an estimate. Even though WalWart got deep in Sanyos hip pocket, they still made a pretty durable product. Worth trying to save.

Tech Data