Sangean / Emerson ATS-803 - No AM/LW/SW - degraded off-frequency FM

A venerable ATS-803, used daily since '81 was not working this morning. All AM bands were mute. FM band was degraded and tuning stations 3MHz low (dial 3MHz lower than signal recieved).

This unit has had the usual mech problems over the years with antenna/battery connex and rotary dial - all ok. Is modified to trickle charge NiCads. Did the usual clock battery trick without changing symptoms.

Any ideas where to look first?

RL VE3-UTE

Reply to
legg

I own one of these. The RF amplifier fet had a tendency to fail. Doubt that is your problem but I don't know of other problems.

Chuck

Turns out to be something that has happened before - a coax solder joint dried out. Don't know why this generated the noted symptoms on FM.

RL

Reply to
legg