Samsung Rear Proj HDTV exploded

Hi, ive got a Samsung 47" widescreen rear projection HDTV. Its worked great for 5 years and is off warranty. Last weekend it made a very loud pop noise and died. The power lite will come on if its plugged in but it will not turn on. No activity whatsoever. I asked around and was told the LCD cannon probably blew, but then I found it is NOT LCD, it has 3 CRTs. I opened it up and looked and didnt see any thing with burn marks and there was no burning smell after it died.

I was told the power supply will also make a pop sound when it dies. Could that be the only problem? Might it have damaged other parts when it died. Just gotta figure out if its worth fixing and if I can do it myself. Im a computer tech so I can work with components up to a certain point.

Thanks,

Reply to
faust_151

You can't fix it yourself. Is it worth fixing? Get an estimate. Repairs on rear projection sets are at the very least $200 + service call.

Reply to
Meat Plow