When LCD Screens Die.....

BenQ FP567s 15' LCD Flat Panel

Died right in the middle of playing games went straight to black screen.

When turning the screen on it just keeps switching on and off really rapidly. suspect the power supply or something related to this has just died .

I am about to claim under my warranty for this though.

Anyone here had any dealings with Benq regarding a warranty claim?

My LCD just died on me and I am going to ring the phone number on my warranty card to organise a replacement.

I'd like some feedback before I do this on Monday as to what other people's experience is .......

Reply to
John

Wtf? its a warranty claim .. just ring em and follow the instructions .. its not exactly difficult ..

Reply to
Lord-Data

Sounds like the power supply.

Benq are quite good. They will probably go for the repair option rather than replacement.

Reply to
grumpy

replacement.

If it's less than twelve months old you could try to get it replaced under warranty at the shop where you bought it.

Jenal Communications
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan

Doubt theres many shops still stocking a 15" LCD ..

Reply to
Lord-Data

Lord-Data wrote

Most will replace with what they currently have.

Reply to
Rod Speed

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:33:18 +1100, "Lord-Data" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The retailer may ship the goods back to Benq for repair in which case they'll pick up the shipping costs and the responsibility for any transport damage.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar
< snip >

Well the waranty slip says it is a period of 3 years. I was under the impression it was only for 12 months and nearly said "bloody typical" but then when I checked out the card I had attached to the sales docket it says 3 years and a

1300 number you have to phone to make a claim and they pick up the screen and send it back to you.
Reply to
sittinginthepool

replacement.

That was one of my first thoughts. At first I suspected that the backlight maybe had died or gone awry. Then I thought maybe the power supply had fried.

Just curious but is it user fixable?

Reply to
sittinginthepool

Waranty you know the card you eithe attack to your copies of sales docket or send in to make sure you are covered in the event of a fault or repair claim.

Reply to
sittinginthepool

ive a 17" AOC lcd that i was given cause it 'just died' turns out 2 capacitors had failed (puffed up)

replaced them and its running again.....

another one i fixed at the shop was a blown fuse.

lcd's are easy fixed as long as the panel isnt cracked, power supply, back light tubes etc can be fixed

Reply to
matt2-amstereo

I had a Philips 17" LCD that died within the first twelve months (nine months in fact) and I took it back to Officeworks and demanded a replacement under warranty and got a Benq 17" as a replacement.

My Benq has lasted just thirteen months and died with a PSU failure, was repaired by the local agents (psu board replaced) and lasted just three days until the psu died again, so it's back in for repair.

My point was that if it was less than twelve months old go to the shop first and ask for a replacement under warranty. If it's older than twelve months just ring Benmq and they'll give you a choice of places (usually locally) to take it to for repair - just take your purchase docket with you.

Alan

Jenal Communications
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to