Ballooned Image on Rear Projection HDTV

I have a Panasonic PT-53X54 rear projection lcd tv. Yesterday when I turned it on, something very weird happened: the image appeared to be ballooned and too big for the tv!

My guess is that somehow the lens that the bulb shines light through got knocked out of position, and is sitting too close (or too far?) from the bulb. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can repair this?

Reply to
Dan N.

It'd take quite a hit for the lens to be knocked loose. I'd be more inclined to suspect an electronic issue, does the set have a zoom function?

Reply to
James Sweet

Besides, you wouldn't end up with anything close to being focused with a random lens reposition.

The high voltage might also be low.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Well, I did move it in the back of a uhaul... that might have something to do with it. It's been working for ~6 months w/o problems though.

I did manage to fix it after I figured out how to get into the service menu (thnx avsforum!). I just had to tweak a whole bunch of parameters. On the upside, my convergence has never been better!

Reply to
Dan N.