Samsung DLP problems

I cant remember the model but its about a 46`` and last years model . It turns on and all i get on the screen are very thin white lines about an inch apart across the entire screen . If the set is turned off then back on it may then show hundreds of tiny white dots like stars in the sky at night . I now have 2 sets like this . I was told it is the entire light engine that needs to be replaced .

Reply to
Ken G.

Bingo. Get out the checkbook or credit card.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Dunno bout you, but if a unit keeps powering up different, it seems like the reset circuit no ?

Anyone ever tried to fix one ?

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Or the CPU is not running for some reason, I'd be curious to have a look at one, but it'd likely take a lot of work to track down the issue, if the replacement part could even be found.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Art

Thats what i thought . I played around with the 2 sets today and got either the lines or dots or a combination of both . We get them in from time to time with broken screens , mirrors or bulbs We will save the parts

Thanks !

Reply to
Ken G.