SHARP tv problem

Model 32UF6 ... 2003 flat screen .

The screen comes on very bright white with retrace lines . I can see no menues If i turn up the flyback screen control the picture squeezes in on both sides about an inch . The screen control is now all the way down

Reply to
Ken G.

nucleus

No its not the yoke . Other tv`s do this and its usually a resistor somewhere . I cant seem to find this one

Reply to
Ken G.

change out the video amp ic on the vrt board crt is being satuated by a short video amp

Reply to
David Naylor

Thanks for the replys . I know its not always easy to guess at this stuff witout the service manual . just thought this might be a consistant problem in this set like the Philips or Rca sets .

Reply to
Ken G.

You will find that the 180-200 volt is very low on the crt board. follow the trace to the wire(s) that go down close the flyback. That supply is made up of a resistor, diode and cap. The cap is the usual. Usually 4.7-10uf@200-250volt. If the resistor is open suspect the diode or if the crt board uses a IC for the output of the RGB than it's that IC.

Good luck!

Lloyd

Ken G. wrote:

Reply to
lrabanus

Thanks Lloyd ... I did just that and found a bad resistor and that IC chip is bad causing a 15 ohm short across that 200 volt supply .

Reply to
Ken G.