Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Picture Freezes

I have a Samsung HLN467WX/XAA that the picture freezes to black and white snow after about 15 minutes of being on. When it freezes the power, channel, menu, and volume buttons do not function. The sound continues to work, and it will eventually turn off the lamp and allow the fans to cool it down. I have also had it just shut down within 2-3 minutes of being on, and the timer & lamp lights were flashing green, and the temp light was flashing red. All fans are working, the color wheel was replaced about 6 months ago, and the bulb was just replaced a couple weeks ago. Any thought on what it can be? I have read that the light engine is the problem, but what in the light engine causes this? Is it a repairable part? Thanks

Reply to
Todd

Possible DMD defect which is part of the light engine, however it may be a problem in the digital board. Does the B/W affect the on screen menu when selecting menu from the remote? I'd probably try the analog and digital boards and confirm that the symptom is not specific to just one input such as HDMI or Component.

Reply to
Art

The problem exists using a coax cable input or a component. The on screen menu will not pop up on the screen once it freezes in black and white.

Reply to
Todd

Suggest trying both the Digital and Analog boards as a pair, installing a new digital board without the analog may cure the picture problems but may leave you with a set having a no-audio symptom. Digital: BP94-00385A Analog: BP94-00434A Check with Andrews Electronics for price and Availability 800-289-0300 PST.

Reply to
Art

Does anyone have a service manual for this? These Analog & Digital boards are still a couple hundred bucks a piece. Is anyway to check any or troubleshoot any of these boards?

Reply to
Todd