Bulbs in an LCD tv .

I took apart a 20 inch Samsung LCD tv today . It is last years model . The screen only 1/3 lit up . I was supprized to see about a dozen very tiny in diameter very long florescent bulbs lined up behind the entire screen . I thought these bulbs were around the edges . The bulbs are only held at both ends leaving the fragile bulbs hanging . As i suspected one of them was broken in half . Dont drop one of these or let it tip over !

Reply to
Ken G.

They do that to get adequate brightness and uniformity, CCFL tubes aren't too hard to source nor are they particularly expensive so a repair shouldn't be too hard.

Reply to
James Sweet