SAMSUNG 47 " Projection DEAD 1200$ Repair estimate

Hi ,

I got my 20 months old projection TV for repair last week.

The estimate was 1200$. CDA

It cost me ~ 250$ to tell me that the POWER DEFLECTION PCB and the MAIN PCB have to be changed.

The Model is HCN473W , Chassis P55A CM47W3.

I have a good knowledge of electronics and I have the tools (scope , meter , etc...) and I opened the TV.

First , the power def board and the main board are togheter. There is only one main board that includes the power def and the main board but estimation was saying to replace the 2 boards...

There is no other board inside , except the 3 CRT boards and the tuner/video board and the sound board (only STK 392-040 IC on it).

There is a HV splitter and FOCUS bloc beside the main board.

Symptom is simple , the unit doesn't go on , no light , nothing. The technician came 2 tiime before telling me that it will cost 1200 to repair it.

Is there any hints for this model before I start the troubleshooting ?

Tks...

Reply to
Maxmel

Did some CRT coolant leak onto the boards?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Nope , there are OK. Also , the main board is not under the tubes.

Where can I get the service manual for this model ?

Tks..

"Tom MacIntyre" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

MAIN

repair

?
Reply to
Maxmel

Hi, These model I know this and repair is still done at component level not whole board. Find another TV shop that is samsung servicer authorized.

We very rarely have to replace a whole board and only for VERY specific reasons.

Oh by the way, way the power supply is designed, limits the total damage if the horizontal circuit (part of both high voltage and horizontal deflection (either one of two) fails.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

By the way , this estimate is coming from an autorized Samsung center.

"Jason D." a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.on.sympatico.ca...

Reply to
Maxmel

i would say the tech must be out of his league. kind of sounds like the old techs from the old school around here!

more than likely a power supply issue ! wheather it be a fail safe trigger from a problem in the HV section, or component shorted else where or! the supply it self went south in which case, you may want to check for the health and welfair of the electro caps..! i found a switching PS once that wouldn't start up and it was due to not a low/failing cap losing its value but for some reason it created an high ESR that was showing a ripply on the line on start up even thought the cap checked ok.

Reply to
Jamie

Here, if not, there is a spot to put in the model #, etc.

Roy Starrin

Hi , I m not able to find it. Any idea where to get it ?

Tks...

"Roy Starrin" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

nu_tv.sec

Reply to