Samsung PCJ534RF dead

heard it was a circuit board, known problem. Which one?

Reply to
<krbuske

The one that has the defective components or coolant on it.

Reply to
dkuhajda

The circuit board with the defective components or coolant liquid on it.

Reply to
David Kuhajda

Now I know why I don't take my tv's in for repair. Thanks for the smart ass response David.

Reply to
<krbuske

response David.

Did you expect him to diagnose your TV over the internet? Bad components on ANY of the many circuit boards can cause your unit to be dead, and Projection TVs often have CRT Coolant leaking. The circuit board itself is not usually replaced because the price/availability of a new board makes it impossible.

If you read other posts on this newsgroup you will see posts that contain: "the B+ voltage is... " the power LED blinks XX times..... "the regulator is shorted... etc.

this group is for repir professionals and individuals with some troubleshooting experience to help each other with repairs

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

The only thing common is for the Samsung RPTV of the PCJ534 series to break and have problems. Common failures include system control issues, main power supply, h/v and deflection problems, along with lots of leaking crt coolant on the circuit boards.

Without some minimal technical troubleshooting information, that was the best information that could be provided. If providing some minimal real troubleshooting information is beyond the capabilities of the person asking the question, then the best suggestion is always to call out someone who has the training and equipment to perform a proper diagnosis and repair.

Reply to
dkuhajda