S-video in works but Coax in doesn't work

Hi,

The Coax input on my Sony KV32S42 isn't working. I can watch DVDs by connecting my DVD player to the S-video input but I get only snow when I connect my VCR or my cable line to the Coax input. I'm hoping this is something I can fix myself but I'm not at all knowledgeable about TV repair so I need some direction.

Thanks. S.

Reply to
skipswift

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha escrito:

Have you tried going thru the tuning /channel search function? have you checked the thing is set to UHF /VHF/cable reception (as needed)?

Is this something that used to work, or is it all new to you and you don't know exactly how to hook things up??

Reply to
hrhofmann

The TV has to be set to the coax input, or you won't see anything.

The VCR and the TV have to be set to the same channel. VCRs with a coax output should have a switch on the back to select channel 3 or 4.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck