RPTV problem

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection 45" tv. I just noticed that all of the titles on the screen sort of shimmer and sometimes distort. By titles I mean any words that might appear on the screen during programming. The TV is about 7 or 8 years old. Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to correct it? Thanks

Reply to
jonw

It is broken and needs repaired. Call out a qualified technician to properly diagnose the problem and provide you with an estimate on your unknown model Mitsubishi set.

Given the age of the Mitz, there is a good chance that there are large number of failing capacitors. Without even providing the most basic information, like a model number, we cannot even assume that it falls into one of the capacitor fail models.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thanks so much for the reply. The model number is VS4543 purchased in

1997. If capacitors are failing, is that something that could be expensive or do I need to buy a new LCD or plasma ;-). Thanks again.
Reply to
jonw