Audio dropouts with Zenith XBV443

I'm experiencing audio dropouts with the DVD player portion of a Zenith XBV443 DVD/VCR combo player. They happen for a few seconds every few minutes or so, and generally at the same places on the same DVD (this happens with most DVDs played, so it's not a bad disc). Sometimes it will also ignore the music on the DVD's main menu or in special features (but sometimes after you turn it off/on it will recognize it again). The VCR portion of the unit works fine I think, and there is no effect on the picture during these audio drops.

Things I've tried: Changing the disc's audio between original/English/ etc. (it also skips out in other languages at the same spots), changing the audio between Dolby/DTS/PCM/etc., and changing the parental controls between various levels (it seems like it cuts out during bad language sometimes but it also misses some so it may be coincidence).

Thanks for your input, Brian

Reply to
Videlectrix