Replacing the FBT RCA 239111

Can someone point me to the correct procedure for replacing the FBT? I

is a RCA 239111. All help is much appreciated

-- RodG

Reply to
RodG

While not all encompassing, this is a good little how-to. I must warn you. If you have not done this before, there is a risk of injury from high voltages so be forewarned and read up on discharging the CRT. Good luck.

borgunit2003

Make sure the replacement is not dated in summer of 2004. Apparently most of that batch are failing. This is one case where I might look for an aftermarket sub, preferably from HR. However, it is best not to mess with it if you don't have experience working on television output stages.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

-- RodG

Reply to
RodG

The flyback doesn't store any charge, just leave the set off for a few minutes and it should discharge itself, then to be doubly safe, ground a screwdriver to the metal strap around the back of the tube and poke it under the suction cup looking anode cap, if there's any charge remaining you might hear a small snap of static electricity as it discharges.

Reply to
James Sweet

How do you recommend he replaces the flyback without messing with the anode cap? If it's a direct view set then they're attached.

Reply to
James Sweet

Not to mention they come with New Wire with Cap just pull ot of Flyback.

Reply to
kip