Reel-to-reel service in Philadelphia

Hi, I've just purchased two open reel machines and they need to be serviced. I'm in the Philadelphia area and can't find any electronic repair shops that are still in business. Can anyone please make a suggestion? Thanks a lot.

--mwax

Reply to
mwax

You might try the newsgroup rec.antiques.radio+phono .

I'd think that in a place the size of Philadelphia, there would still be at least one or two. Probably nobody advertises "tape" or "stereo" service anymore, but try a "TV" shop - you might at least get pointed in the right direction. Some of the electronics chains (Circuit City, etc) have disservice departments - they won't be able to fix it for you, but the manager there might know of a local shop that will. You might even try visiting the two or three Radio Shacks that are closest to you and asking the oldest person at each one about it. Or, call your favorite radio station during business hours and ask for the engineering department - the station will have gone digital long ago but the engineer may know of a shop that can help you.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Try a local recording studio. They might know of one who still uses reel to reel and therefore will have someone who fixes them. TSOP still exists? ;-)

--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)