Record LCD TV to Computer

If I bought an LCD TV that doubled as a computer monitor, would I be able to record TV to the PC? Would I need special software to do so?

Thanks very much.

Reply to
Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez

No. If you want to record TV get a TV / DTV Tuner for your PC. Both USB2 or PCI solutions are available, and there is a lot of different software to do it, depending on what you want to do (scheduling etc).

James

Reply to
James

No, the video output from the computer is a one way street. There's ways of getting video into a computer, but not through the monitor.

Reply to
James Sweet

"Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez" wrote in news:f0zoi.20$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.lga:

Not becasue you got that monitor.

You would need an appropriate tuner for your PC and the software to use that tuner, to be able to record TV to your PC. What the TV/monitor may have for a tuner has no bearing on the matter.

Reply to
Gary Tait

if you have a dv camera that has analog to digital passthrough then you can record high quality video on your pc with a fireware cable.

1=2E put the video out from the lcd tv to the dv cam 2=2E put the fireware cable from the dv cam to the pc ( ur pc will need to have a fireware port, latest motherboards have them built in, audigy 2 zs sound card has one). make sure you turn on av-video to dv option in your dv cam. 3=2E record using microsoft movie maker that comes with xp/vista or other software.
Reply to
ruleworld