recap, 70's sansui; cap specifications

Cap 'type/series' information needed. I'm replacing the larger electrolytic caps on the last amp and power supply. I have F and WVDC specs, but what are all these other things; ripple, low impedance ...? Looking at Panasonic. Are the FC series ok to use? Thank you.

Reply to
2apart

Any of 'em will do. For sure, get the 105C rated caps, not the 85C. This will extend the life of the capacitor given that the inside of an amplifier is a toasty environment. Low impedance is good, it means more of the power gets through the cap and less is dissipated as heat. You don't really need to worry about ripple in this application. Some caps are built tougher to withstand higher ripple, your line voltage won't need this.

Reply to
Dave