Air circulation in Sansui

I have a Sansui 2000x and a Sony disc changer. I would like to set the Sony on top of the Sansui but the Sansui has vent slots on the top which don't seem to exhaust very much noticeable heat.

Question is, would I be asking for trouble (with the Sansui) if I set the Sony on top if I left about 1" clearance between the Sony and the Sansui? RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:16:39 -0600, Rob Mills Has Frothed:

Should be fine.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Reply to
Rob Mills

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:13:25 -0600, Rob Mills Has Frothed:

I would play it for awhile and stick you hand between them and feel how warm it gets. If it feels real warm then you might consider putting the Sansui on top of the cd player. Or get a 120mm pancake fan and stick it somewhere where you can blow air into the vents.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

top of the cd player.

Reply to
Rob Mills

I'm not a big fan (no pun intended) of covering up ventilation slots on any gear. In fact, I usually go to some lengths in order to avoid it. Your amp may not self-destruct in the first six months, but heat is the enemy of electronic gear. Those slots are there for a reason. Some day, some time, your gear will suffer the effects of additional heat.

In addition to ill effects--to the amp--from covering up the vents, the CD player will not be nearly as happy sitting ON TOP of a heat producer.

At the very least, provide some kind of spacing between the two.....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Yeah, but he isn't covering the slots, ther is a 1 inch gap which should be fine. Plus he said it wasn't generating much heat. If it doesn't feel reall warm to the touch it should be just fine.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

oops typo: ther = there