Re: Zip-cord in Britain?

From: Andy Burns snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 06:47:18 +0100

Single insulated cable like that is "Class 0" and banned in the UK since > 1975, it would fail testing. > > > Rewire? > > I would.

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I have cable marked (UL) SVT E56356 60 C 300 V 18AWGX3C FT2 C(UL) SVT 60 C 300 V 3X0.824 mm^2 (18AWG) LF Canada Wire.

Adequate?

The socket illustrated here is stamped "660 W 250 V".

Otherwise, is a porcelain socket acceptable? Is a line switch better or worse than a switch in the socket?

Thx, ... Peter E.

Reply to
peter