Extracting SDcard image from Zip archive for writing to microSDcard.

Re: Extracting SDcard image from Zip archive for writing to microSDcard. By: Henri Derksen to All on Mon Jun 29 2020 02:42 am

HD> So the question is, "How can I extract and write that image to the HD> microSDcard in one go without writing that image to the local FAT disk HD> temporarly, as it is FAT formatted, or has less room for another 7 GiB."

So I havent tried this, but you probably want "unzip -p", the man page says -p extracts to stdout.

So something like unzip -p | dd of=

... I got a new shadow. My last shadow wasn't doing what I was doing.

Reply to
Deon George

Dana Mon, 06 Jul 2020 15:42:41 +1300, Deon George napis'o:

unzip -p zip_file_name > /dev/sd_card_name

should also work...

Reply to
Nikolaj Lazic

If you aren't root,

unzip -p example.zip | sudo dd of=/dev/sd_whatever bs=1M

Theo

Reply to
Theo