Low esr Caps.

Hi to all. How can you tell if a cap is a low ESR type. I have a lot of electrolytics around , but I am not sure if any of them are low ESR types. Is there a paticular marking that a low esr cap would have. Cheers. Rob

Reply to
seegoon99

** Low ESR is all in the mind of the particular cap user.

Low relative to what ???

** Then it don't matter one tiny f*ck to you.

** No.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You measure it and/or read the data sheet. It depends on what ESR you need. A "low ESR" cap may not be low enough for your given application, and alternatively a "normal" cap may already have low enough ESR for your application.

There is no standard symbol or marking. Some are marked in some way to make make it fairly obvious, but many aren't.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks for YOUR reply. The caps are used in an SMPS. I have another post about that in this group. The person I got them from said they were a low esr type ,but I was wondering how I could tell , apart from measuring them with an ESR meter. Pity there are no markings to say. Thanks Rob

Reply to
seegoon99

BEWARE: googlegroups cretin on loose !!!

** Shame you did not actually read it - f*****ad.

** Then look up the maker's data sheet - you IDIOT !!

You have the damn caps - right ????

Then you have the maker's brand name and the type codes / numbers.

** Course there are - Fuckwit.

The codes are printed right on the damn cap !!!!

Duh !!!!!!!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of , uh , nobody :0)

Reply to
seegoon99

Correct. Quick Google check gives a fun result:

Philip Martin Allison

Current Address:

7/19 Prospect Rd Summer Hill NSW 2130 Ph: 02 9799 8242 Own or rent: Rent.

Previous Address: Lackey St Summer Hill

Age: approx 53 Born: Tasmania Callup/Draft: 1971 Conscripted for National Service: No. Marital Status: Single Sexuality: Homosexual Religion: Catholic? Siblings: Apparently one sister.

Qualifications: Unknown. No higher education qualifications. University Final Results: Dropout - caught giving fellatio

Current occupation? Apparently self-employed. ABN: 88 719 310 180 Registered for GST: Not registered.

Previous Employer: ? Sacked for (you guessed it) arguing and being a PITA Job prospects: None - Terminal loser and no hoper.

Other: Flat located on LHS building at rear next to carpark, has courtyard and grills on the windows Has a garage on LHS building Buys components from WES, Liverpool Rd, Ashfield. Just a few minutes from his residence. Drivers lisence: None Car: None

Reply to
Sandman

** I *see* another brain dead, googlegroups *goon*.

Puke ....

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If yo can't take the heat, quit sitting on a hot soldering iron, Phyllis.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, he's just mentally ill.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

How about you try and shut the f*ck up for once Phil??

Reply to
The Real Andy

Buy yourself one of these:

Then you will know for sure whether your capacitors are low ESR. I have one (DSE Mk2) and it is good.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Just filter him. It dramatically improves the S/N ratio.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Have you *ever* posted any useful technical stuff? I ask because this post of yours is typical of everything I've ever seen from you.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

"The Real Andy" = Andrew Pearson of Brisbane.

** How about you try acting like an adult for one in you miserable, f****ng life - Andy ?

Instead of a bad tempered 12 year old alcoholic & ADHD f***ed arrogant moron.

Make a nice change.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Rich Grise"

** Just kill him

It will dramatically improves the S/N ratio of the planet.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Dirk Bruere"

= that completely autistic f****ng moron from Neopax !!!

** You are a posturing, know nothing, mentally defective JOKE - Dirk.

Scumbags like you are a pox on the face of the earth.

Drop dead ASAP.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks , I'll check it out.

Reply to
seegoon99

ROFLMAO!!!! TAlk about Pot calling the kettle black!!!

Reply to
The Real Andy

** Learn how to use *googlegroups* properly - you dumbfuck.

Click on "options" first and THEN click "reply".

So all **usenet** users an see who you are replying to and about what.

Reply to
Phil Allison