Re: turnished solder

I know some of you work on older PC boards that may have encoder being

> stored or operated in damp areas, it tends to cause the solder to > turnish and is hard to rework for repairs.. > > > Other than scrapping it, is there some ready made chemical that will > wash off the surface? Something like s Silver turnish remover? > > Would a peroxide and white vinegar do something for me? > > Jamie

X-posted to a more appropriate forum.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In the last couple of years I have become addicted to wiping down anything I put the soldering iron to with liquid flux. Solder Wick becomes much mor e effective and less heat is needed. The only time I don't is if I'm using a vacuum iron because it gums up the works.

Reply to
ohger1s

Normally I give instructables a wide berth for their kids inane content, but this one seems interesting - and we have plenty of trees around here with dropped pine cones.

Adrian C
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz