RCA model F32665 TV not turning on. help?

hello, our main tv, a RCA model F32665 just stopped working the other day. It had worked the night prior fine but when we went to turn it on the next, we got nothing. when you press the power button, it makes a sound, quite similar to the sound it makes when you turn it on, but nothing happens...and this sound repeats itself a few times but eventually stops. any ideas as to what the problem might be? thanks!

-Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Stalter

Ideas? Tv needs some standard troubleshooting to determine the failure. So far we know it does not turn on.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Ryan: You should visit the website for this newsgroup at

There you will find a lot of useful information that will help you or someone more technically inclined to perform some basic troubleshooting and testing. If some detailed and pertinent results are posted then just maybe you will get some more specific repair suggestions. If all of this is beyond your experience level then you should TAKE the television to a service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of wild internet or telephone guesses. electricitym ......................

Ryan Stalter wrote:

day.

next,

quite

stops.

Reply to
electricitym

Thanks for the site, i'll check it out...I've worked on guitar amps before but never a TV, nor would i know where to get a schematic do to any readings. Thanks

-ryan

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Ryan Stalter