removing circuit board from RCA F27665 27" TV (chasis CTC203AX)

Hi,

I've got an RCA F27665 27" TV (chasis CTC203AX) with good sound and menus, but no image. I believe this is caused by the glue on the location L14401 coil, so I'd like to remove the coil, remove the glue, then put the coil back in place. The problem is that the circuit board doesn't seem to want to come off it's tray. I've opened up the set, removed the circuitboard tray, and removed the hex nut along the edge of the board, but the board still seems to be fastened to the tray. Are there any other fasteners I'm missing? Also, is the problem glue on the coil red in color?

Thanks for your input,

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

Be carefull not to force the board, but pull it away from the tray firmly. They get stuck in there sometimes. The coil IS the only problem. Solder it! Rono,

Reply to
Rono

Some of the boards are held in with the f connector nut, an additional

1/4 hex screw with plastic ferrule near the front of the board also. Many time the heatsinks that go through the board are bent to stay on the board, but they are bent so far that they will hold on the side plastic rail. Take a flashlight and look under the board to see if this is the case and CAREFULLY bend the tab back out of the way.
Reply to
dkuhajda

Thanks for all the replies. I've already taken off the hex screw/ferrule, so it's probably something sticking along the side rail. I'll check that out.

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

to the

LOPT and

need to

find

Hi Art,

So, I removed the coil and cleaned off the small amount of glue that was between the coil and the board and then resoldered the coil to the board. Indeed, the problem persists, so what you say seems like it may be true. Any suggestions as to where to start in the video processing circuit?

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer
3 May 2005, dkuha... said

additional

It turns out there wasn't anything catching on the sides, the board was just tightly fit into the tray. I just needed to insert a flathead screwdriver between the back edge of the board and the plastic tray and give it a twist to free push the board forward.

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer