RCA F27665 repair: beyond L14401

Hi,

I've got an RCA F27665 27" TV (chasis CTC203AX) with good sound and menus, but no image. Cleaning the glue off L14401 and resoldering it to the board had no effect. Any ideas as to what to check next?

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

Yes, measure beetween base of horizontal output & the drive transformer. The foil is likely opened @ the coil. Rono. RCA has very flimsy pcb's.

Reply to
Rono

What are the results of the most basic troubleshooting so far?

Reply to
dkuhajda

If menu's are seen on the crt then the horizontal output and high voltage are working properly.... thus L14401 and the foil between the HOT and the drive xfmr are NOT implicated as faulty. electricitym

- - -

R> Yes, measure beetween base of horizontal output

Reply to
electricitym

Oops! Thought there was no raster at all. Rono.

Reply to
Rono
1 Do you have a print on this set? 2 There is a PIP Module pluged into main chassis circuit board, Also contains a/v switching. If you can get use of this bd try it. If not look at board there is a voltage regulator TO 220 type case, remove this regulator & try again. I had one the other day The PIP IC was shorted. Taking Regulator IC out restored pic but PIP Did not work. If this helps still need to replace module
Reply to
cgrob

If

Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I was hoping there was a common fault that would cause this problem. It looks like this is a more involved repair than I want to get into at this time.

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

Reply to
kip

Hi Kip,

I didn't damage the board. I released the clips, and the board was still stuck, but I gently worked it free after that. After putting the set back together, the problem is still the same as it was.

Mark

Reply to
espexplorer

Reply to