RCA 61 " DLP strange visual effect just happen..

I haven't yet looked at the unit how ever, last night as the wife turns off the DLP 61", I noticed a brighter band about 15 % of the screens vertical height kind of showing as a brighter part of the image at an angle. The rest of the image looked ok but I noticed it was dimmer than it should be. If I didn't know any better, it almost looks like something hanging in front of the lamp like a wire or reflecting off some where. My analogy of this tells me I may have a bad lamp with a hanging element in it or, maybe something has fallen in the optical area? What do you think?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

There isn't really anything to hang in the lamp, you could pull it out and look for contamination on the arc tube or reflector though, maybe a bug or something got in there.

Reply to
James Sweet

I don't rememberseeing it on an RCA before but it sounds like one of the mirrors in the light tunnel has become displaced. It is between the color wheel and the dmd ass'y.

Reply to
maple

Like another posted, a displaced mirror in the light tunnel would cause a shaded zone in the picture.

Not to mildly change the subject, I once got a call from a lady who was terrified about a shadow of a spider inside her rear projector Mitsubishi. She wanted to pay 75 bucks for a house call to remove it. I told her it would probably go away but she insisted however it was gone by the time I got there later in the day. I did however clean the optics and did a dynamic alignment and she was thrilled at the revival of her picture.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Wouldn't a displaced mirror cause image alignment and maybe ghosting overlap? I don't get either of this. there is no ghosting and no alignment problems.. Just the unaffected area's are darker than they should be while the brighter band looks more to a normal intensity of the video.. But i'll consider that as I get ready to install a new lamp, It's about time for a new lamp any ways. I need to clean it out. It wouldn't surprise me to find a load of dust in there.

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"
Reply to
Jamie

Not necessarily, it depends on which mirror.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Art