46" Samsung DLP

46" Samsung DLP, 2 years old. The symptoms vary from: Picture freezes. Color is all distorted. Can't turn TV off, need to unplug it. 5 evenly spaced wide vertical bars. Each bar is made up of 7 narrower bars.

Damn.... I'm going back to CRTs. (My 27" is 18 years old; the

20" is 22 years old - never a problem either of them)

Any ideas? The repair bill would be just too much. I can swap boards (if there are any). Are parts even available outside the repair "network".

Thanks

Reply to
2apart

ds

Thanks. Here are the numbers... all the numbers :-) Model HL-R4667W model code: hlr4667wax/xaa type no: at46L6

WE opened it up and just "looked arround". Was nice and clean. Symptoms vary.... thing is erratic. I'd say it 'resets'. Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
md

Does it have a USB port to flash the firmware?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Just put it back together and, of course, it now works. Will not break again Feb 3, the Superbowl.

Thanks.

Reply to
md