RCA 36" no sound on tuner.

M # 36V550T CH # ITC008, turn on set, when pix comes, sound may come, just for a few seconds, then go, volume bar on screen moves, but no sound, pops, ...nothing. On inputs it's fine. Seems to happen regularly, when unit is cold. Thomson B2B Network says change CS124 SMT capacitor, no good. Ideas anyone?

Reply to
Sky

PSSST! Do you know what this chassis is whose? ITC008 does not use gemstar stuff so plugging might not work, ITC008 does not have even a option item for gemstar like the "smart" CTC203 chassis and CTC197, PTK195 was. What more, this is one of chassis that uses all in one super jungle IC. (micro & jungle in one IC).

By the way, Sky, have to replace the MTS audio processor IC. I recently did one while ago on a ITC008, while at it, clean off old glue & change two tiny 47 pF 50V SMD caps on two I2C bus pins of this MTS IC JUST in case. Seems this MTS IC fails once in awhile consistently. Prior to this, on another ITC008, had to change IC for same reasons.

By the way, everybody who service thomson stuff should know this ITC008 has number of offical and non-offical modications required. One of those mods, is blowing fuses for no reason (offical) and intermittent width & shutdowns (non-offical).

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

speaker mute mode engaged?

is there audio at the line outputs?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks for the input, but we're not there yet. The "unplug trick", didn't fix it, no Gemstar module, I know the official, & unofficial mods on these units, the width fix is a great fix, as well as the thermistor fix. Sky.

Reply to
Sky